Monday, January 22, 2007

Alert reader alert!

Fritz spotted a tiny bit of text about my switch to high speed internet. It's true. I've dropped my dial-up account, given up my highly cherished Luddite ways, and switched to a better service. It's wundermas!

But...

No good deed goes unpunished, so I've also lost access from work. Oh, I could use my company e-mail account for bicycle-related communications, but why risk my job? I have this ingrained habit called 'eating' and I'd like to continue it.

Posting may be sporadic until I work out a new routine. In the meantime, entertain yourselves by reading Fritz' blog "Cycle-licious". He says his employer is looking for talent, so some of you might find meaningful work. As for me, I'll just keep banging the rocks together!

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tay said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

How did you get access from work before?

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Fritz, with a dial-up, I could access ATT from any telephone with my ancient, steam-operated laptop. It was slow, but I could send and receive my e-mail (source of much C/D inspiration!)at lunch time or on a break.

I have an old Compaq for spreadsheets and writing the training material for the aircraft computer I maintain. It's better than an abacus, just not a whole lot better.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home