Sunday, June 17, 2007

Are we having fun yet? (OT)

I'm having a wonderful Father's Day! Let's see...the kids took me out for breakfast and then we went shopping at Home Depot. Dunno what we bought - they were being very secretive. I was permitted to read the Sunday paper uninterrupted when we got home.

I set up Jordan's email account and a copy of Thunderbird on the home PC. And I managed to configure it for file sharing with Lyndsay's laptop. Mine won't play nice. I think Vista is performing some of Bill's background magic, preventing it from sharing. But it connects to the wireless router just fine. I sent an email off to the tech support for help.

Lyndsay should be home from work soon. I'll get a quick shower and set out my things for the morning commute. There's nothing baking in the oven, but Mary insisted that we get some ice cream at the grocery. She knows I'm easily persuaded when it comes to ice cream. I suspect some high-caloric-value desserts are in store. Or maybe I'm just hoping!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

If you have a spare 30 bucks...try out Network Magic. We have 4 computers with 3 different OS's and it works like a charm.

Go to their website, they have a version that's free for 30 days.

http://networkmagic.com/

4:56 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Network Magic came with the wireless router, George. It the 30 day demo, but I like it and I'll probably pony up the cash for the full version.

The tech support folk at D-Link responded the next day. They said that Vista was the most likely culprit but that it should work with the router. Most likely Vista, Norton, and Network Magic don't play well together.

But today, I found the procedure for configuring Norton, Vista, Network Magic, et.al. on the Network Magic website. My laptop is at work, so it'll have to wait for the weekend.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home