Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Konica C35 corrosion

I'm going ahead with this, but the camera may be nothing more than a paperweight when I'm finished. The black (negative) wire was corroded through at the battery tab, but I couldn't see that until I took the battery case out. To replace that red wire I had to remove the top, bottom, and lens mounting, as well as the rangefinder. That will probably mean the rangefinder will have to be re-calibrated when it's done, a task that took quite some time on the Yashica Electro GT. There are many interesting ways to screw up, and I found most of them.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

<< Home