Tuesday, October 31, 2006

OT - Vote November 7th!!!

I don't speak for anyone but myself when I say that I'm thoroughly disgusted with the negative political ads floating around this election season, particularly the 'swift boat' types that come from unidentified political action groups rather than a candidate. I'm very tempted to vote FOR the candidates getting slimed by these anonymous groups, just becasue I'm feeling contrary. One ad touts a candidate as "too liberal for Oklahoma" something that I'd usually find laughable, because if anything, Oklahoma needs a stiff dose of liberalism, if only to drag it kicking and screaming into the twentieth century, let alone this one.

But put aside my bitching and moaning for a moment, and consider the duty that comes along with our right to vote. If anything, we should each have a basic idea of who our elected officials are and what they believe. An uninformed electorate is an electorate that is easily led (or misled). In an effort to counteract electoral illiteracy, the League of Women Voters has a voter's guide on their website. Now, this pertains to Oklahoma voters, but I'm sure that other states and municipalities have similar guides.

Compiled by the League of Women Voters of Metropolitan
Tulsa

Additional information is available online at www.lwvtulsa.org,
www.lwvok.org and www.okbar.org/public/judges.

Editorial Policy: This nonpartisan 2006 Voters’ Guide contains
information on all candidates running for office in the November 7
election as well as the State Questions. All answers including spelling,
punctuation and capital letters are exactly as written and are not edited
corrected in any way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tay said...

Guess what? NO one returned any response to the Oklahoma Bicycling Voters' Guide. Ya think they might have sumthin' against da chinaman askin'? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Paul Tay said...

Be sure to vote AT LEAST twice, people! I know, I know. The geniuses on this ballot BITE. But, at least, if ya vote, you have the right to yell and scream at 'em. Otherwise, ya got JACK!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home