Sunday, September 02, 2007

A heartfelt thank you...

...to all of you who read this! I just received my very first check from Google for the targeted advertising that appears here in CycleDog. I'm clearly not going to get rich writing about cycling, but this check is going to take the family out for dinner a time or two. Now, I'm not going to calculate the numbers. I'm not going to try to figure out how much I've made per post or per month. That could get depressing and I'm done with depression this week.

We went out to a new Italian restaurant here in Owasso, a mom-and-pop place where I talked with the owner. I'm planning to go back for more, um, extensive research. Why is it that cycling and Italian food seem to go hand in glove? More on this later.

Thanks again, all of you. I truly hope you get a laugh out of this, because for the most part, I enjoy writing it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Apertome said...

I enjoy reading your site a lot. The ads are unobtrusive ... honestly, I barely notice them. Then again, I haven't clicked on any ads, so I'm not sure if I'm contributing to the Beer Fund or not.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Woo hoo! Big time!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Ed, you are one of my favorite reads in the cycling world! Always a quirky look at the very specialized (no pun intended) treks (okay, pun totally intended there) that we take as commuter cyclists. Keep up the great work and enjoy that Google check!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Thanks to all of you! I'm glad that you read CycleDog, and I'm especially glad that you take the time to comment.

We have 2 new Italian restaurants and another Chinese one opening soon. I have to prepare for lots of research.

Manicotti, lasagna, and home made pasta! Is it any wonder I have to ride in an often futile attempt to control my weight?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoy it as well Ed. Keep up the good work and enjoy the dinner. I'm curious why the check didn't go to bike parts!!!! Maybe you should provide a restaurant review so the rest of us locals can try it :)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Awesome Ed!

And Italian Food and Cycling DOES go together...hmmm.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home