Monday, December 10, 2007

Ice Storm update

I'm trying to get this finished quickly so it may be a little rough. I can hear thunder in the distance. Radar shows another line of freezing rain coming toward us. Trees are still crashing to the ground and the extra ice may put our power out again. So very quickly, here are some photos. Go look at flickr for the full set.

It's getting dark rapidly. Since we lost power for hours yesterday, I don't expect it will remain on for long today. We pretty much used up all the candles we had. I'll look for more at the grocery today, but it's probably hopeless.





Our redbud tree next to the kitchen began to sag toward teh window. I'm sitting next to it. I ran outside with a pruner and cut the branches back. Now I'm soaked and shivering. I'll post this and go chanfge.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Wow, that's amazing.

When I lived in Illinois ice storms like this could be expected every couple of years. We lived in a tiny town out in the sticks, and more than a few of my neighbors had generators that automatically kicked on when the power went out. I also owned a chainsaw specifically for the purpose of removing fallen trees and limbs from my yard.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Mary makes fun of me when I use the chainsaw, Fritz. She says I look like I'm afraid of it. And she's right. Any tool capable of removing large portions of one's body deserve being treated with respect and even a little fear.

I'll probably get a lot of practice with it over the next couple of days. I promise to be careful so none of you will be calling me 'Lefty.'

3:22 PM  
Blogger Frostbike said...

Sounds like less than ideal conditions, to say the least. I hope things are back to normal for you soon. Be careful down there.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home