Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another shiny object

My wedding ring...um...became too small for my hand over the last couple of years. I guess repeated washing made it shrink. Yeah, it was all that hot water.

Actually, my knuckles are larger, probably due to the arthritis in my hands. The old ring was too small, and I could only remove it with copious amounts of soap. The last time I took it off, some skin came along with it.

I work with machinery and electronics, so jewelry is a safety concern. There's a gruesome photo showing the damage a ring can do when it gets caught in a lathe. Trust me, it's something you don't want to see. My watch and ring stay in a toolbox drawer all day.

But I really don't like to be without my wedding ring, and for the last couple of months I've done so...until yesterday.

I ordered a titanium wedding band last week. It arrived yesterday and I'm very happy with it. This one has what's called 'comfort fit', a slight radius on the inner circumference. It makes the ring feel loose, but it cannot fall off it it's sized properly.

My old ring almost fits inside this one. That's a considerable difference and one I should photograph. Maybe tomorrow. The other ring is in my toolbox at work.

Now, maybe those super models lurking around town will leave me alone.


2 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

My wedding band also shrank and no longer fits. It's a pretty strange phenomenon.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I don't know if our finger joints get larger with age, or if the pseudo-gout I have (a kind of arthritis) has made my joints larger from inflammation. Bike Riding Donut Guy gave me the information for the men's wedding bands website.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home