Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tulsa Cyclocross piece

I just posted the Tulsa cyclocross piece to the Examiner. This is the Ronde Van Oakkenberg, possibly the forerunner of an annual multi day event. It sounds great. Since I've ridden in cyclocross races, I have a small appreciation of the difficulty. But even if you've never raced, cyclocross is a spectacle. Trust me. And this one includes beer!



Sorry to keep this so short, but 'V' is coming on in a very few minutes. I can't wait to see if there's any hampster eatin' goin' on!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

You really know how to drum up Examiner traffic!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I'm short on time, but Jamie...well, that's something entirely different! See 'Columbus Alternative Transportation Examiner.' He managed a number one ranking in the Google News bicycling section! Way to go Jamie!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Steve, the Examiner pays a little better than some similar sites, and it pays much better than the blog. I don't try to drive traffic over there, but as a rule, I'm dividing my stuff between 'newsy' items that will go on the Examiner, and more personal stuff - including comedy - that will go here.

Writing has been slow and difficult, but that may change. I've been doing a series of computer mods and prototypes at work. It's the kind of work that leaves me sore and tired at the end of the day. My brain just wants to zone out and coast for a while. Writing suffers.

Today was the last mod for awhile, and prototypes are on hold until we obtain updated software. This means tomorrow I go back to my usual routine. I clocked in at 5AM today, so maybe tomorrow I'll sleep a bit later.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home