Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ah, Spring!

Welcome to springtime in Oklahoma! On Friday, the last full day of winter, it was 71F and breezy. We went for a walk in one of the local parks - along with a ton of other people out to enjoy the day.

Late Friday night, the rain started. By 4AM Saturday morning as I left for work, it was just above freezing with a stiff north wind. The snow started just after dawn. When I went home late in the afternoon, everything was covered. Grumbling, I shoveled the driveway again.

These photos were taken after an earlier storm this year. I like the fence shot because it just looks cold and bleak. That's pretty much how it feels today. The sky is overcast, an almost uniform gray, and the wind is still blowing.

Tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the 60s. All this snow will melt and we'll likely have some localized flooding.

Meanwhile, I'm staying indoors with a hot cup of coffee, Topeca Manzano, made in a single cup Melitta drip device. Bacon and eggs for breakfast would be nice. I'll have to see if there's any bacon in the 'fridge. That all has to wait, though, as one of the geriatric cats just urped up a hairball in the living room.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

I'm going for a ride. In North Texas, we got an inch or so, but ONLY on the grass. On the roads, there's nothing but clear, smooth pavement! How cool is THAT?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I suppose it's only fair, Steve. The last storm that dipped south of us managed to paste you pretty well.

Enjoy that ride!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home