Monday, June 28, 2010

Memorial to a fallen soldier


Army Spc. Andrew R. Looney died in Afghanistan when a suicide bomber attacked him and another soldier, Pfc. David T. Miller. Miller, from Wilton, NY, was also killed.

Tonight there was a memorial service for Looney at the Owasso High School. The road leading to the school was lined 4 or 5 deep for nearly a mile. People stood crying on the sidewalk as a procession of motorcycles and police cars drove by, followed by Looney's family.

I walked the street photographing as much as possible. The full photo dump is at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/e.j.wagner.jr/MemorialToAnOwassoSoldier#

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

I do hope the protesters did not spoil the spirit of the memorial. I think you did well to leave them from the main post.

6:20 AM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Powerful stuff.....is there an address I can send a donation to help both families?

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I don't know, George, but I'll find out.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home