Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday musette





I wandered through the Tulsa Flea Market on Saturday and came across this lovely bit of Americana. Somehow, I'm thinking those guys aren't actually zombies. For one thing, they seem to have all their body parts and there isn't a single mention of "braaaaains!" to be found.

Imposters, I'm sure. And no, I didn't buy it.




This was taken on my way home from work today. It's the pecan grove just south of 76th Street. Right now, it's a wonderful riot of bright green. The overcast sky reduced contrast due to the flat lighting. I like the look. But I like this when the sun is setting and it's all back lit, too. Bright green with gold light from the setting sun. What's not to love?



This view is south along Mingo Road toward Tulsa. See how the ditch is full of water? We're expecting more rain, so there's a chance the road will be flooded. I rode my bike through here once when the water covered the road, tilting my headlight down so I could see the double yellow line under the water as a gauge to its depth. It's an experience I probably won't repeat (probably).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home