Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bicycle haiku...

Fritz on Cycle-licious suggested some shameless link-baiting by using bicycle related haiku. He's more of a student of the art form than I, but here's my offering anyway:

Wheels spin happily
Sudden hiss of punctured tube
The long walk homeward


Doesn't it make you wanna scream?

(Monday afternoon)

I decided to tinker with that haiku today.

Wheels spin happily
Sudden hiss of punctured tube
Starts the long walk home


It's fun playing with words. I think the second version is gooder.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tay said...

Yeah, right.
Whatever.
Pass the BEER, willya?

Kewl haiku or fun pun?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

It's beautiful.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Paul Tay said...

I started drinking again. This time with FEELING.

3:36 AM  
Blogger James T said...

I agree with Fritz, those are beautiful. I am less of a student of the haiku than both of you, but here is my first attempt:

Ed has some free time
He counts bike word syllables
We all want to scream

4:08 PM  
Blogger SiouxGeonz said...

My favorite's the one on a T-shirt:

Haiku is easy.
sometimes it doesn't make sense.
refrigerator

today's from me:

strong smooth pedal strokes
calorie burning furnace
pump the chill away

4:54 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I wrote to Fritz on Cycle-licious that I could start each post with a haiku, but that would probably be wrong. Probably. At least I think it would be wrong, but it's very, very tempting.

However, I may start using haiku as introductions for the column I write for the Red Dirt Pedalers over in Stillwater. That is, if Susan agrees. She's the editor and she's a real sweetheart. I enjoy writing for her.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Coelecanth said...

Bicycle blogger
With your cadenced fingertips
Spin us a new post

Hee, hee.

Fixed gears and loose pants
Disaster in the making
Ride swift naked one

Really, I could do this all day instead of working.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home