Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wasabi Peas!

I can't eat nuts. So of course I'm craving peanuts, pistachios, cashews, and assorted other things that are bad for me. But today as Mary and I strolled the aisles of our local market, I found a can of wasabi peas. They're dried peas with a wasabi coating. If you're unfamiliar with wasabi, it's a kind of oriental horseradish, green in color, and it's hotter than white horseradish. Horseradish on steroids, so to speak. I love it on sushi.

The peas are hot, but not nuclear. I bought a six pack of Rolling Rock to chase them.

Life is good!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Here's something to burst your bubble: Almost all "wasabi" is actually made from regular horseradish, additional flavorings (like mustard) and food coloring. The real stuff is expensive.

Then again, your peas might very well have the real thing as a flavoring. Powerded wasabi is something that's available in Japan.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home