Friday, December 05, 2008

A good read

Just a quick note about some intriguing writing. I'm always impressed when someone can hit the perfect balance in sarcasm, and Jon Swift does it very, very well. He says, "I am a reasonable conservative who likes to write about politics and culture. Since the media is biased I get all my news from Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and Jay Leno monologues."

There's this from a recent post:

I know there are probably some uncompassionate and vengeful liberals who would prefer to see conservatives left to the vagaries of the free market, and even some conservatives who are too proud to accept government charity and would prefer to stick to their principles. But as President Bush showed us, in a crisis you are sometimes forced to abandon your principles temporarily to survive...Conservatives must face reality the way Bush and Reagan did and realize that the only way to preserve our ideals may be to sacrifice them for a time and reluctantly accept government checks. Once we have gotten back on our feet again, then we can go back to doing what we do best: condemning lazy welfare queens and berating the poor for not raising themselves by their own bootstraps.

And, no, I didn't fall for this one like I did that piece from Shelley the Republican. Sometimes I'm just a big, dumb mook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home