Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update

Louise Brown, my mother-in-law, died last Saturday. I've been out of town and out of touch since then, staying with relatives in rural Pennsylvania. No internet service. Marginal cellular phone service - provided there wasn't snow or rain. Either of those blocked the signal completely.

As you may imagine, it hasn't been a good time for writing comedy or anything related to cycling. I wrote pages about much of the last week, and I'll share some of that with all of you in the coming days and weeks. My Moleskine has been a constant companion and a refuge through a difficult time.

I just returned to Oklahoma today. There is much to do, so writing may take a lower priority for a time. But know this - my mother-in-law was a truly wonderful person. She will be greatly missed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Coelecanth said...

My deepest sympathies to you, your wife and all of your family Ed. No matter if it was sudden and unexpected or long forseen, the death of someone near and dear is never easy. Take care and rest assured that we understand that you'll be back writing when the time is right and not a second before.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Frostbike said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm terrible about figuring out what to say in these situations, but wanted to say something.

10:10 AM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

I'm sorry to hear that Ed, condolences from me to you and your family.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Ed, I'm so sorry about that. My condolences to you, your wife and her family.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Ed. May brighter days lie ahead.

BrandonC

1:38 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Thanks for the kind comments. You folks are the best!

Brian and I are going to Bartlesville tonight for a BikeEd presentation. Over the Valentine's Day weekend, two cyclists were injured in a bicycle/motor vehicle collision. We've been asked to put on this presentation and discussion as a result of that incident. I'll probably have something for CycleDog in the next couple of days.

One bright moment - I missed the FAA inspection last week - something that I always dread. I was expecting it this week, so it was a relief to know that it was over....at least until the next one in a month or two.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Greg! said...

My sincerest condolences to you and yours, Ed.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home