Thursday, July 09, 2009

Deadline? What deadline?

Who was it that said, "I love deadlines, especially the whooshing sound they make as they rush by"?

I'm a tired puppy. I plugged away at the Examiner piece on bicycle tires. It began as a list of ideas about a week ago, and I slowly fleshed it out a little at a time. But as always, I had a wealth of interruptions.

Number One Son bought a car. Talk about whooshing sounds. He's been jetting in and out of my room pestering me endlessly about getting another car. His Supra blew up about 8 months ago. We made the rounds of the car lots and I scoured ads on bulletin boards, talked with co-workers, and scanned the roadsides looking for bargains.

We settled on a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. It was the best of the lot in his price range. It's very much the same as my 2007 Grand Prix, so we'll learn from both.

But that wasn't the hard part. The hard part was dealing with the insurance agent this afternoon. I think I'd rather visit the dentist.

I don't expect to see Number One Son again this evening. He and his new car zoomed out of here as soon as we arrived at home.

Like I said, I'm tired. My back hurts. My neck hurts. I'm all for a shower and an early bedtime. Instead, I'll have something to drink and I'll turn on the police scanner out in the kitchen. Teenager + New Car = Possible Trouble.

What's happening in that there France race? And how's that young Armstrong fella doing?

1 Comments:

Blogger BrianB said...

Douglas Adams ("Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy") is the source of the quote about whooshing deadlines, BTW. May he R.I.P.!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home