Friday, August 07, 2009

Summary execution for spammers

It seems I've picked up a comment spammer. He/she/it has been terminated with prejudice. I hate spammers, but I'll still leave the comments open to registered Blogger users.

It's been a hard week in many ways. I'm sitting here just dog-tired right now. I'd really like to write something funny, but the brain feels like concrete. Even two cups of coffee and some chocolate were not enough to get it moving today.

Good news. Number One Daughter has a job interview at a local hospital next week. This is something she's worked toward for some time, and she's more than a little bit chirpy about it. I can dimly remember being excited about getting my job here in Tulsa after months of looking. The excitement was tempered by the stress of relocating and driving half way across the country with a wonderful pregnant woman sitting on the seat next to me.

Ahhhhh. Number One Daughter just returned. That means I'll have to go as I'm on chauffeur duty tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Duncan Watson said...

I feel the same way regarding spammers. Good luck to you and good riddance to the spammer.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Good luck to Number 1 Daughter!

Do your children think of themselves as Okies?

12:07 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Fritz, I think they do since they were born here and except for a couple of summer vacations, they haven't been anywhere else. I'd really like to see them get a larger world view as opposed to the somewhat narrow, parochial one subscribed to by so many here in Oklahoma. There's a lovely Will Rogers quotation saying that the rest of the world thinks all Americans are like those you'd find in the MidWest. Oklahomans can be maddening - open hearted one moment and very narrow minded moments later. Despite that, it's been a good place to raise a family.

12:52 PM  
Blogger RANTWICK said...

Comment spamming... I don't understand what the point could be. Anyone?

"Oklahomans can be maddening - open hearted one moment and very narrow minded moments later" - sounds more like people in general to me.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home