Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twitter problem?

First, I have to mention that CycleDog gained another follower - number thirty one! To all of you - thanks for reading.

It appears that Twitter changed something, because that area over on the right should display only my tweets. Or it could be that Blogger has changed some code. I dunno. I'm a hardware guy not a software guy. If I can't fix it with an oscilloscope, an automated test setup, and a soldering iron, well, I can always use that big, brass hammer.

The operating principle is based on Fudd's First Law of Opposition. "Push something hard enough, and it will fall over."

I'll ignore the Twitter box for the moment, but if it's not fixed in a few days, I'll remove it.

Also, another comment spammer popped up overnight. His/her comments have been removed. This seems to happen every couple of weeks. If CycleDog gets overwhelmed with them, I'll have to restrict comments further. So far, that's not happening.

One other thing - and this is important so I buried it here at the bottom - after a visit to the doctor this afternoon, I learned that my blood pressure is seriously high. I won't mention numbers. Suffice it to say it was scary. I'm on medication for it, so I get to join the parade of old men shuffling down the hall to the mens room every hour. And I was concerned enough that I took one of the pills immediately upon arriving at home. That means I'll be up and about regularly all night. Oh joy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

I like the blogger theory. I started getting emails today containing comments made to one blogger blog I read. But only one. Odd. I didn't sign up to get lots of comment emails...

6:50 PM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Wow about the BP thing. I'm glad you're taking care of it. Must be all of that bacon.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home