Ronde Van Oakkenberg cyclocross race in Tulsa (Update)
This is a reminder about the Ronde Van Oakkenberg cyclocross race scheduled for Sunday, November 15th.
The Crybaby Hill jazz ensemble will be performing.
Soundpony will be providing free beer on the Oakkenberg while it lasts. Due to licensing requirements, the free beer must remain outside the lodge.
There's a cash bar inside the lodge, and it will feature Chef's Award Winning Chili, Pork Sliders, and accompaniments from 2:30 to 4:30. Domestic beer is $3 per bottle. Imported is $4 per bottle. They'll have coffee and hot chocolate too.
Doubleshot Coffee will be providing coffee on the Oakkenberg also. Don't miss this!
The awards ceremony will be inside the lodge following the last race.
Malcolm McCollam sent this list of 10 reasons you should consider being a participant or spectator:
1. Euro-style course with tough climb (the Oakkenberg) that will test every part of your game.
2. Amazing views of downtown Tulsa.
3. Support joint efforts of local clubs - Bicycles of Tulsa, 918XC and Tulsa Tough Racing.
4. Spectator zone at top of the Oakkenberg.
5. Warming hut at top of Oakkenberg (okay, maybe that's a stretch - but there will be tents and a fire pit)
6. Free beer for spectators at top of Oakkenberg furnished by Team Soundpony, fueled by the Soundpony Lounge.
7. Free food in lodge from 2:30 - 4:30 (chili, award-winning pulled pork sliders, cole slaw and more by Post Oak chef)
8. Drawing for Stevens Cross frame (for participants only)
9. Beautiful facility I'll bet you didn't even know was 10 minutes from downtown Tulsa.
10. Last chance to race before Oklahoma State Championship.
There's more, but you'll just have to come experience it to see.
Labels: bicycle racing