Thursday, July 08, 2010

Jersey idea



It's just a quick-and-dirty mockup using PhotoShop and my favorite font for sarcasm - Comic Sans.

Lemmiwinks pointed out in comments that it could offend a motorist, who could buzz by too close in order to "teach you a lesson." And although he's right, he's also assuming that motorists are capable of (1) reading at speed and (2) comprehending what they've just read and (3) deciding to act on in in the second or two it takes to pass a cyclist. I'm thinking it's far more likely they'll be 50 yards past the cyclist before the brain kicks in and says, "What?"


Of course, it's still way better than this:

9 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

This would be nice for crowded recreational bike paths as well. I like to go slow when riding with my family on the bike path and get a little annoyed at the speed demons. If you wanna go fast then go hit the open road!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

Hmph. Grumpy's a better shirt.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Is that second photo of you as a kid, Steve? It'd make my grumpy too.

(snicker)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

Actually, that reminds me of a bumper sticker I have: "Please don't hit me, I'm not entirely sure of my insurance coverage." If not Grumpy, how about the Dirty Harry jersey? Assertive without being preachy. "Do you feel lucky, punk?" Ironically, the thought that a gun strapped across the back would dramatically reduce motorist harassment came to me via a - cycling book!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

That picture is definitely not me. None of my bikes had those sissy fenders.

9:44 PM  
Blogger PM Summer said...

Maybe this one, Ed. ;-)

http://images4.cpcache.com/product/292555294v35_480x480_Back_Color-White.jpg

10:26 AM  
Blogger PM Summer said...

Ed saith: "I'm thinking it's far more likely they'll be 50 yards past the cyclist before the brain kicks in and says, "What?" "

Never saw Easy Rider, eh?

10:32 AM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

@Steve, I'd join the NRA if they had a bike jersey. You've seen Spike bike, haven't you?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Khal said...

Given the story that came out of Las Cruces today (check out www. LAbikes.blogspot.com), I'm with you guys on open carry.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home