Saturday, October 30, 2010

Coffee: The wonder drug




Ive given up on drinking coffee the old fashioned way, diluted down with copious amounts of hot water. I've stopped grinding it to powder and snorting the stuff. In short, I've been mainlining for a while now.


This is a close up of my works. It's an Aeropress fitted with a large veterinary needle in order to pass the occasional grains or silt that gets by the filter. In operation, it's exactly like making regular coffee in the Aeropress. Install a new filter, add ground coffee and water, wait about 30 seconds, and then find a suitable vein for injection.

Next thing you know, I'll be shuffling around outside the local coffee shop, hoping to score another bag of Guatemala-Antigua for my habit.

(Seriously, I'd never consider injecting anything into my body, particularly anything that could be depended upon to shorten my life. But you have to admit that the Aeropress looks remarkably like an over-sized syringe.)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Clyde said...

Funny

(But seriously, should I inject into my arm vein, or do the in-between-the-toes thing?)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I use the arm because at my age I can't bend over far enough to reach the toes - or at least I can't do that for long without running out of breath. One caveat, though, is that the rush from this isn't long lasting, and if you're taking blood pressure drugs that include a diuretic, half an hour later you'll be walking to the men's room (again) for some relief.

And to think I coulda been a fireman.

6:43 AM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Niiiiice :-)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

Just direct the pointy end directly into the carotid for maximum benefit.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home