Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm in love...

Taken with Olympus FE-320

...with hash browns! How can something as simple as fried potatoes be so good? I honestly don't care if they're good for me - they're probably not - but they just taste wonderful.

I'd promised a friend that we would go down to Tulsa for breakfast at the Gatsby Grill inside Gardners Books. It's a small cafe with both excellent coffee and food. We had omelets, hash browns, coffee, and French toast made from a thick slice of freshly baked bread and real Frenchmen, not those cheap imports. Wade couldn't finish all of it!

This is also the site of one of my favorite shots of Number One Daughter. I just love that window light. It was taken with a Yashica Electro 35 GLN on Kodak black and white film, if I remember right.

And what's a trip to Gardner's without buying a book? I found a manual for Adobe Photoshop 6.0 - the very obsolete version that I use on this laptop - and it was merely five bucks. Sure the latest version does so much more, but let's face it, I have a lot to learn about Photoshop, and this is a good starting point.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger PM Summer said...

Good looking breakfast. Beautiful daughter.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

She has her mother's looks, and unfortunately my teeth and feet. Five kilobucks to the dentist took care of the teeth, and a podiatrist will fix the feet.

I have another photo taken by window light - of you, PM - and I considered posting it as well. But we met at Tally's, not Gardner's.

2:54 PM  
Blogger PM Summer said...

When I was up there, I asked around about a good used books and records store. Nobody mentioned Gardner's. Wish they had. Maybe next visit.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

There are a number of used book stores here, PM, but Gardners is undoubtedly the largest. I like Steve's Sundries too for the wealth of Route 66 stuff. I think there's a list of book stores around here somewhere. I'll try to find it.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I knew I'd seen this somewhere recently!

[url]http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=370&articleid=20101202_455_WK12_CUTLIN450443&archive=yes[/url]

3:34 PM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Mmmm breakfast :-)

You have a beautiful daughter.

Luckily, our 23 year old daughter inherited my wife's teeth and good looks but she does have her fathers platypus feet.

Do you want me to send you all the camera stuff yet?

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home