Monday, July 04, 2011

Fleet Feet Firecracker 5K Fotos


(New! Link to Picasa web album.)

Who can resist alliteration? I went downtown this morning to take some photos of the Firecracker 5K race and a 1K fun run for kids. These are a few of the morning's photos. And if you're wondering why they're sepia, some big dummy
who looks a lot like me forgot to turn it back to color. Duh.



I thought this was kind of sweet. They're holding hands as they run!


This fire hydrant has a sprinkler attachment. It was just past the finish line, and I think the kids found it to be more fun than the run itself.


This little girl was giving me the stink eye the whole time she was in view. Normally, they're lots older before hitting me with that.



At this point, there's about one kilometer to go. I liked the determination in the runner's faces.

Naturally, there are lots more photos (or should it be "fotos?") but I haven't gone through all of them yet. Most of the time, I leave the camera at it's wide angle setting, about 28mm if I recall right, and then crop down to what I want in the final image. It's good to practice panning at races, trying to get the expressions on their faces as they go by. With the Kodak, that's a hit-and-miss proposition because there's a lag between pushing the shutter button and the actual exposure. So I set the camera for bursts of photos. It will take 3 in rapid succession, then twiddle its thumbs while it empties the buffer. I miss a lot of shots that way.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger lemmiwinks said...

My Fuji does the same thing (3 photos, wait, repeat) but it's better than nothing and with practice and a lot of luck I've gotten some great action shots.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home