Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Old Dog

 

This is my commuter bike, an old Centurion LeMans 12 that probably dates from the late 70s or early 80s. I bought it at a garage sale and used it for commuting and cyclocross before converting it to a fixed gear. It's not the oldest bike in the garge, but it's close. The only ones older would be my ancient Pennine - also a fixed gear these days - and a couple of Raleigh DL1s.

If you look carefully, you'll notice that's a vintage Campy Nuovo Record crankset, complete with Campy bottom bracket. Those parts are probably worth more than the rest of the bike altogether. It has Mavic MA2 rims laced to Suntour sealed bearing hubs and Universal 68 brakes.

I rode the Centurion up to Panera Bread this morning. Wade and I had coffee, then he was off to have breakfast with a lady acquaintance. Single guys have all the fun! I wandered around town checking out garage sales and the Goodwill store. I found a snow globe for Lyndsay, a cat book for Mary, and a book of essays for me (The Conscious Reader, Ninth Edition, with material from a host of writers both classic and modern).

That's the exterior of my garge door behind the Centurion. I'll post a photo of the interior too. Let's be kind and say that it's cluttered. But the interior of my mind is much, much worse! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home