Thursday, June 28, 2007

I gotta foot fascist!

...or maybe it's a foot fetish? Nah, that ain't it.

I've had minor pain in my right foot for a couple of months. It was worst when I got out of bed in the morning, sometimes so bad I could hardly walk. But after a few minutes, it eased off.

A week ago, it started to feel exactly like a vibrating cell phone inside my foot. I made an appointment to see the doctor. I HATE going to the doctor!

Long story short - I have plantar fasciitis, an inflammation of the tendon that goes under the arch. I had it on the left side a couple of years ago, and the pain was directly under the arch. Anti-inflammatories and stretching took care of it. This time, it's the attachment at the heel that's inflamed. The solution: naproxen and one of those squishy gel inserts. Oh, and more stretching.

But yesterday's good news is this - my blood pressure is down and I don't need meds for it anymore! Clean living has some benefits! I had a beer to celebrate.

The other good news - foot fascists don't interfere with cycling. I may not be able to walk for more than half an hour or so, but I can still ride.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yokota Fritz said...

"Foot fascists" heh heh :-)

My wife gets plantar fascitis from time to time.

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home