Friday, November 23, 2007

It's 3 AM

And I'm up making a latte and muffins for Number One Daughter who has to be at work by four. Working in a retail shop the day after Thanksgiving really sucks. Their biggest local competitor opens at four. Lyndsay's shop opens at five.

"You know what gonna happen", I said. "They'll mob that store, then mob yours an hour later." I doesn't help that they're offering discount cards to the first 200 customers.

I'll see her off to work. In fact, since her truck has a low tire that I didn't notice until last night, I may drive her to work.

Finally, just for Fritz, she has that Stepford Wives bolted-on smile too, but in her case it's probably because she's still half asleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bujiatang said...

I work retail too. Today is not going to be fun.

hope she survived the rabid masses okay.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Lyndsay said, "Ponytail and Chapstick. That's all they're getting today!"

People were waiting outside her store when we arrived shortly before 4AM. At the big box electronics store further up the street, people were waiting in tents. And across 96th street, the shopping center parking lot was full all the way out to the road. I'd mention their names if they ponied up some advertising money (snark!)

There's nothing I need that badly that I'd wait in a parking lot overnight....unless it was a new bike.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Bujiatang said...

since a lot of my company's business is custom manufacture, I know that something has to give to make some price points.

I just worry that the people who are buying 99 dollar pendants are buying gold foil, with pieces of frozen spit glued in.

I be afraid of the 99 dollar bike.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

Have you read Bike of Doom? This guy wrote about commuting on a $99 mountain bike and the maintenance necessary to keep it on the road.

http://www.bikeofdoom.com/

Someone told me this evening that the big box electronic store was offering discount laptops. That explains the campers.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Coelecanth said...

No, no, no! For the last 4 months I've been getting up at 4am to change the baby after she's been fed. You're telling me that getting up that early doesn't end by the time they're old enough to work!? I may just have to develop a drinking habit....

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home