Sunday, February 13, 2011

A bit of fun!




I went out east of town this morning to take some photos in a lovely valley that reminds me of Pennsylvania. Any other time of the year, there's enough foliage to hide the houses all around this spot, and believe me, the houses in these gated additions are huge.

These shots above were taken with the Kodak Z1285. Those below were taken with a Canon 590IS. I couldn't resist shooting some film too. It's still in the Nikon N6006. Just for fun, there's a jpeg from the Nikon taken in the aftermath of our latest snow storm.

I didn't see any deer this time, but the wind was still and I could hear all the birds calling. It's not the same as the dawn chorus that comes later in the year when they're singing their hearts out trying to attract mates. The stillness was exceptional. I could hear traffic a couple of miles away as well as the occasional jet engine as commercial aircraft came and went from Tulsa International.

As you can see, I love that stone bridge. And I love the backlight along that stream early in the morning. I'm planning to go out there again in the spring when all the trees bud out. Everything will be bright green, not the deeper, darker green of mid summer. It should look very nice when backlit.

For comparison, here are two shots from the fall at the same location.







I'm not entirely certain, of course, but I think this is how you go ice fishing in Oklahoma.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Gotta say....those pics do look like they are from around here. Not that I've been out for a ride lately...

12:18 AM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Gotta say....those pics do look like they are from around here. Not that I've been out for a ride lately...

12:18 AM  
Blogger cliff said...

The bridge reminds me of the ones
on the C&O canal in Maryland.

11:25 AM  
Blogger cliff said...

The bridge reminds me of the ones
on the C&O canal in Maryland.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ed W said...

a quick reminder - to prevent spam, I moderate comments. Sometimes it may be hours before I get the chance to approve them.

I was looking at these photos today, and I think they'd be better if they were high dynamic range (HDR) and I have one digital camera that will do that. Now all I have to do is learn how to do it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Steve A said...

I guess that's why my comment about Oklahoma and Yankees disappeared. Spam!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I just missed it, Steve, and I don't know why. It's up now on 'Snowpocalypse-part dos'.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Steve A said...

No problem. I was just watching a show on The History Channel about how some of the Cherokees in Oklahoma backed the South and SOME backed the Yankees. It put things in perspective about y'all and confused mutterings coming from our northern frontiers.

Seriously, I really like a photo shoot such as in this post, even though you didn't tell us if you went and tryed relaxing on that sofa.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home