Monday, February 21, 2005

Lost and Found

Coming to work this morning, I caught a glimpse of something in the weeds off the side of the road. I didn't get a good look at it, but I thought it could be some sort of tool, so I circled back. It was a Bushnell spotting scope, still attached to a tripod! The lenses were filthy with mud, and the front bezel was chipped away, but other than that it was intact.

I cleaned it later. Everything still works, though there's a small chip out of one of the internal lenses. It's still
functional.

I've found a lot of stuff lying along the road. Screwdrivers are fairly common, as are pliers and Channelocks. I've found good wrenches and bad. It's a thrill to come across some Snap-On, Mac, or Proto stuff, but I've found no-name wrenches too.

But I don't understand some of the things I've found. Why are there so many single shoes lying along the road? Or what was the story behind the trail of women's clothing, starting with outer wear and progressing to more intimate apparel? Maybe I don't really want to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home