Thursday, October 04, 2007

Who knew?


(Image from the CJ2A Owner's Manual)


Robert Heinlein said that money is the most powerful aphrodisiac, but flowers run a close second. I may have stumbled across another way to a woman's heart.

As I've written before, women are bemused by men who can cook. I'm the breakfast guy here at Chez W. Pancakes, waffles, various styles of eggs and even big, fluffy muffins are regulars. But I had a few comments about making crepes with fresh fruit from our local farmers market. A guy who can make crepes!

But I may have found a new one. I had to drive Lyndsay's Blazer coming home from a football game in the rain. Her windshield wipers were shot and did little more than smear the windshield. Let's just say it makes me extremely nervous to drive without being able to see very well. So I went to the auto parts store and bought some replacement wipers. When I got home I installed them without telling her.

It rained later in the day. She used her new wipers and was absolutely thrilled! Imagine that. I got a hug and a kiss on the cheek simply for replacing those shabby old wiper blades.

So there you have it. The way to a woman's heart is paved with auto parts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Another tip:

When I came home from college on weekends my Dad would drive my car to town for coffee, donuts and gossip (small town). He would always fill up my car before returning home. It was MUCH appreciated (that 1979 TransAm with a big block V8 drank LOTS of gas!)

--BrandonC

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home