Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Musette (Short)

Monday morning.

I've had a cold for the last few days, and in fact, I spent most of the weekend trying to sleep through it. Sunday night, I asked Lyndsay if I could use her truck in the morning as my Ford is still in the shop.

So I drove to work in a thunderstorm that would have drenched me on the bike. Chances are I'd be sick as a dog tonight.

But the funny part was when I arrived at work and was walking down the hall to the shop. My friend Rich was going the other way. He said, "Ed, you look really different with your clothes on!" Then his brain caught up. "Oh, wait, that didn't come out right!"


And the other thing...

Some time ago, I did a bit of satire about the Soylent Energy LLC approach to increasing our supply of bio-fuel while simultaneously attacking the problem of over-population and obesity.

On Sunday, The Nation ran a story by Barbara Ehrenreich extolling the benefits of utilizing liposuction as another means of producing more bio-fuel. Well, maybe Babs is a long-time CycleDog reader. We can hope, can't we?

Anyway, I'll have to send her a note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home