Sunday, July 12, 2009

Wanna drive your kids crazy?

Here's a simple hearing test for ultrasonic ring tones. My hearing is badly degraded from all those guns, motorcycles, and obnoxiously loud rock concerts, but according to this website, I probably can't remember being a teenager anyway.

The really fun part was playing with the tones I can't hear. Number One Daughter bounced down the hallway to complain - loudly - that I was driving her crazy. The very best part is that her mother can't hear this either and had no idea what she was talking about!

Apparently you can download these to your PC or phone. If you do (and I'm thinking specifically of you, George) don't use them for evil.

Yeah, right.

2 Comments:

Blogger RANTWICK said...

Finally, something on the Internet I can really use... trouble is I don't want to annoy the dog. Maybe I'll put him out during the experiments. Thanks CD!

8:18 AM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

The last one I can hear is 12khz....I'm pretty much screwed.

I went to at least 4 or 5 AC/DC concerts when I was a kid.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home