Friday, February 25, 2005

Odds and Ends

It was foggy and right at freezing on my commute this morning. All the leading edges of the bike were rimed with frost, including my gloves. It was very strange to look down and almost watch the ice forming. At least the yard dogs from hell were too cold to come out and chase.

My son came down with some sort of virus that's been going around the schools. First, Lyndsay had it and passed it to her brother. He's been sick since Wednesday. But when the April "Wheel Issues" arrived, he brightened considerably while reading the story I'd written about him. It wasn't even close to true, but he thought it was funny, especially the parts that were funny at MY expense!

Just as I arrived at work, I saw another bicycle commuter! I was about to put my bike in the rack outside my building when this guy rode past and waved! Wow! There really are more crazed people out there than I imagined. In the summer, I stumble across one or two a week, but it's been months since I've seen anyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home