Monday, October 15, 2007

I watched in amazement...


(Image from LAB Reform)

Mary and I were on our way to the library Saturday afternoon. Far ahead, I saw a wrong-way cyclist going down the other side of the street. He blithely rode through a stop sign and continued on his way - as a local police car drove up the street past him!

If I were driving my car over there on the wrong side of the road, I'll bet the cop would have noticed.

Other news...

My Compaq laptop is up and running again, but I lost all the drafts for CycleDog as well as some other writing projects. I'll live. But I'm thinking about ways to retain the drafts. I'll probably back them up on my thumb drive for now, but I'm wondering if I should beg She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed for an external hard drive this Christmas.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tay said...

Cops only arrest bicyclists who impersonate Santa or Biker Fox. GIT A CLUE.

6:26 PM  
Blogger The Donut Guy said...

Go for a portable hard drive- don't pay more than a dollar a gig. I've lost all my stuff once and that all it took for me to get back up religion.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Split the difference on drives - I got a Memorex Mega TravelDrive that I use for work. It's 12GB for $150. Nice and small too.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

External HDs are much cheaper than they used to be. A year ago I bought a 160GB for $75 at RadioShack. I backup my home computer once a month and I keep it at work so if the house burns down I won't lose EVERYTHING.

If you get a smaller one it can use the power from USB and you don't have to lug around a AC to DC adapter and plug.

Good Luck!
BrandonC

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home