Friday, January 15, 2010

Thursday and Friday


Canon Canonet.  Exposure unrecorded.  Kodak ISO400 film with an orange filter.

She-Wh0-Must-Be-Obeyed doesn't like to be photographed, so I have to be sneaky.  The Canonet is ideal for that.  The lens is a 40mm f1.7, so taking photos by available light works well.  This was inside our local library where Mary usually has an armful of books for me to carry out.  Yesterday was no exception.  She had 13 when we left!


 Canon A590IS, ISO200, f5.5, 1/10sec.

This is Mark, one of my co-workers.  He's wearing a pair of binocular magnifiers with 6 LEDs on the front that light up his work.  I've relied on the same type of magnifiers whenever I have to do close work, but mine do not have LEDs!  Oh the humanity!  

My daughter laughed as I worked on that camera a few nights ago because - according to her - I looked like a geek.  Well...yes...but I'm a professional electronics geek, not an ordinary idiot.

I gotta get me some of them lights.  Hmmm, both visible and ultraviolet would be nice...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

How long do you get to actually READ those 13 books? I get books myself only in even numbers so I know I've got them all when I take them back.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

She checks out a bunch of books, Steve, because she really can't be out and about much these days. She'll read the first couple of chapters, decide whether she wants to continue, and give the rejects to me to return in a day or two. Sometimes she finds several books she likes, so I have to renew them - or pay the fines when they're overdue. That's not a problem. They use the fines to buy more books. Honestly, the Tulsa City County Library system is a local gem!

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home