Sunday, May 08, 2011

Gundy's Airport




This morning, my friend Wade accompanied me out to Gundy's Airport just east of Owasso. It has a single north-south runway and it's used by many local pilots. Most of the houses surrounding the airstrip have both a garage and a hangar.




The rest of the photos - the good ones anyway - are over on Flickr. There's an interesting mix of new and old, restored and decrepit. Since the airport is underutilized, there's hangar space rented out to RVs and even a few cars.


If you visit Gundy's, be sure to get one of the popular treats here in Northeast Oklahoma, an airplane-on-a-stick.


It just doesn't get much better than that!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

That is not an airplane-on-a-stick. It is a BD5J-on-a-stick. As seen in at least ONE James Bond film...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I saw that movie too, Steve. But it's still an airplane-on-a-stick!

I was planning to do a bike story tomorrow. The company called for overtime - again - and although I could turn it down, the bills seem to insist that I report in.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home